CPD: The role of the MLRO
- To be confirmed
- 17:00–19:00 CET
This webinar is designed to inform the attendees of the role, duties and obligations of a money laundering reporting officer (MLRO) particularly following updated legislation in connection with AML. The presenter will provide information on what an MLRO should check, monitor and report in line with the AML directives and requirements of the FIAU.
- An introduction to PMLFTR
- Reviewing regulation 15 of PMLFTR
- Who qualifies as a subject person?
- The main duties of the MLRO
- Who can be appointed as MLRO?
- Appointment and resignation procedures of the MLRO
- The designated employee
- The monitoring function
- Internal reporting obligations
- External reporting obligations (STRs)
- The contents of a Suspicious Transaction Report (STR)
- Monitoring orders
Participants will be trained on the regulation that the role of MLRO falls under. Furthermore, the course will cover the obligations that the MLRO and the subject person are expected to meet on an ongoing basis. The course will also allow participants to understand other obligations which are directly and indirectly linked with the role of the MLRO such as internal and external reporting.
Current MLROs, prospective MLROs, Compliance and Management of Subject Persons.