The obligations of a Company Secretary
- 24 May 2021
- 17:00–19:00 CET
Dr Rakele Cini will be delivering a session to introduce the role of a (good) company secretary. All Maltese limited liability companies are obliged to have a company secretary at the outset. The lecture will be looking into the Maltese Companies Act (Chapter 386 of the Laws of Malta) and delving into the process of appointment and removal of the company secretary, and the salient duties of a company secretary, which are quite wide ranging. Additionally, participants will be looking at the company secretary from a Company Service Providers Act (Chapter 529 of the Laws of Malta) perspective.
- The role of the Company Secretary
- Duties of the Company Secretary
- Companies Act, Chapter 386 of the Laws of Malta
- Company Service Providers Act, Chapter 529 of the Laws of Malta
- Who is the Company Secretary?
- Appointment of Company Secretary and termination thereof
- Primary duties of the Company Secretary under the Companies Act
- The company secretary as advisor to the Board of Directors
- Company Secretaries and any person proposed for the role
- Compliance Officers
- Directors and any person proposed for that role
- Company Service Providers
- Any other persons wishing to familiarise themselves with the Company Secretary role
Dr Rakele Cini
Trainer bio & experience
Dr Rakele Cini is an independent legal consultant with many years of experience in AML/CFT, regulatory and compliance advisory. She primarily advises local & international firms / practitioners operating within the regulated industries on matters relating to the prevention of money laundering & funding of terrorism, due diligence, risk management, good governance, and other compliance areas. She is invited to lecture regularly by private institutions and regulatory bodies on these topics. She was previously head of Risk & Compliance at BDO Malta and, prior to that, formed part of the practice protection group at Deloitte Malta for numerous years. Rakele is an active member of the PMLFT sub-committee at the Malta Institute of Accountants and the Institute of Financial Services Practitioners.