- Tied Insurance Intermediaries Certificate
- Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII): IF1
- Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII): IF2
- Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII): IF3
- Diploma in Insurance (Dip CII): M05 - Insurance law
- Award in Motor Insurance CII
- Insurance Accounting and Auditing
- Award in Commercial Property Insurance
- Award in Insurance Principles and Legal Aspects
- Principles of Banking Regulation and Compliance
- Principles of Insurance Regulation and Supervision
- Award in Personal Lines Insurance
- Award in Anti Money Laundering regulation
- Diploma in Insurance (Dip CII): M92
- Certificate in Loss Adjusting (Cert CILA)
- Diploma in Insurance (Dip CII): M97 - Reinsurance
Award in Commercial Property Insurance
- To be confirmed
- 17:30–19:30 CET
Insurance safeguards the potential losses of those facing risks. In the context of commercial lines, this covers all potential mishaps that are experienced by businesses in their corporate capacity. Therefore, it is immediately apparent that we are referring to risks that threaten the assets of an organisation and the potential liabilities, among other ancillary products related to the business.
The programme is designed to explain the various commercial insurance products that seek to protect the material aspects of the business. These include but not restricted to Fire, Special perils, Theft, Accidental damage, Money, Glass, Goods in Transit, Business interruption, Construction, Engineering and Electronic equipment among others.
Lecturer/s on this programme are both experienced and knowledgeable and bring to the learning environment, the practical aspects related to this area of insurance, thereby enriching the learning experience throughout.
Successful candidates will be eligible to claim for 25 CII insurance credits, which are valid for the attainment of the prestigious DIPCII qualification of the Chartered Insurance Institute. The full DIPCII Diploma requires 120 credits in total to complete.
- To provide technical knowledge related to commercial insurance policies, practice and operations.
- To achieve stand-alone awards that attract CII credits.
- To assist students in attaining Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) International Qualifications.
- Technically knowledgeable in insurance and its respective operations.
- Able of performing technical work and supervising the work of subordinates taking decisions within set parameters.
- Able to tackle and resolve day-to-day operational issues with designated authority.
This programme equips candidates to be adequately qualified for the following positions:
- Commercial Account handler / Senior Account Handler / Claims Handler
- Supervisor in Commercial lines
- Junior /Middle Management positions in insurance
This programme is suitable for those aspiring to acquire specific technical understanding of insurance and those who wish to pursue a career through the attainment of awards in insurance. The awards units are ideal for new entrants in the market, employees working in insurance companies and all students requiring credits towards CII qualifications.
There are no entry requirements to participate on this programme since MITC believes that any student who seriously commits himself/herself has the potential to succeed. Nevertheless, MITC strongly advices that students should ideally have acquired a proven academic aptitude (having as a minimum attained pass at ‘O’ Level standard in Maltese, English, Maths, Accounts and Economics) prior to embarking on specialist insurance studies.
A certificate will be issued to successful candidates for every Award successfully completed and distributed during the Presentation of Certificates event held annually.
The Malta Qualifications Council deems these Awards to be at Level 4 on the Malta Qualifications Framework (MQF) and on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) for Lifelong Learning.
The course consists of 30 contact hours and held twice weekly. A total of 15 sessions of 2 hours duration (17:30-19:30 CET). A further of 70 hours of self-study is required. Examinations will be held between 0930-1230hrs.
For each of the awards, one (1) written examination will be set. This consists of 14 short question answers and 3 long question answers to choose 2. Pass Mark is set at 55%.
- The re-sit will take place on the same date of the corresponding awards of the subsequent intake.
- Re-sit exam fee is €60 inclusive of one (1) revision session.
Mr Andre Farrugia
Mr Andre Farrugia commenced his professional career working in the insurance industry and since then, he ventured into education and training. He has achieved the Fellowship of the Chartered Insurance Institute (FCII-UK) and later another Fellowship with the Institute of Risk Management (FIRM-UK). Lately, Mr Farrugia has completed an Msc in Risk Management with the Glasgow-based University of Caledonian and is currently pursuing a PhD.
During his professional career, Mr Andre Farrugia has contributed to the industry by way of publishing articles, technical write ups and through a variety of career talks and technical seminars.
Mr Farrugia was a member on the board for the setting up of the National Vocational Qualifications in Malta and is currently a Board member on the Malta Education Consultative Council, President of the Malta Insurance Institute and represents Malta within the European Forum of the National Institutes for Professional Insurance Institutes and on the Board of EFICERT.
He has delivered various lectures and talks in Malta and Overseas namely; the Chamber of Commerce, MCAST, the University of Malta, the Foundation of International Studies and conducted training in Kosovo, Dubai and Ghana.
Lectures will be held every Tuesday and Thursday from 1730-1930hrs
- Thursday 13th January 2022
- Tuesday 18th January 2022
- Thursday 20th January 2022
- Tuesday 25th January 2022
- Thursday 27th January 2022
- Tuesday 1st February 2022
- Thursday 3rd February 2022
- Tuesday 8th February 2022
- Tuesday 15th February 2022
- Thursday 17th February 2022
- Tuesday 22nd February 2022
- Thursday 24th February 2022
- Tuesday 1st March 2022
- Thursday 3rd March 2022
- Thursday 10th March 2022 – Revision
- Thursday 17th March 2022– EXAM (0930 – 1230hrs)
Dispatch of Exam results by post: 14th April 2022.
€750 per award per participant
NB: Accreditation fees payable to the CII are NOT included (refer to CII website for more information)
The course fee includes:
- Course material, notes, sample questions, specimen examination papers and/or other educational material.
- Examination and certification.
- Companies effecting group bookings (four or more participants) are entitled to a 10% discount.
- For group bookings kindly send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A 25% cancellation fee is payable for cancellations received within 15 days of the start of the programme.
- No refund will be entitled after the commencement date of the programme.
|Award titles||CII exemptions||Credits|
|Award in insurance principles and legal aspects||P05 Insurance law||25 CII Credits|
|Award in personal lines insurance||P86 Personal insurances||20 CII Credits|
|Award in commercial property insurance||P93 Commercial property and business interruption insurance||25 CII Credits|
|Award in liability insurance||P96 Liability insurance||25 CII Credits|
|Award in motor insurance||P94 Motor insurance||25 CII Credits|
CII credits are subject to change and recognition of prior learning awards are made at the CII's discretion.