Handling on-site regulatory visits
- To be confirmed
- 17:00–19:00 CET
CPD: Handling on-site regulatory visits
This webinar has been designed to facilitate the preparatory work involved prior and during an onsite inspection by the MFSA. The presenter will underscore the objectives of the visit, typical verifications and questions asked and also equip the attendee with the relevant competences to be able to undertake such an inspection confidently.
- What are the objectives of regulatory on-site visits?
- How can a license holder know when to expect a regulatory on-site visit and how to be prepared?
- Supervisory function of the MFSA
- What are the powers of the MFSA in terms of the on-site inspection?
- On-site and off-site visits
- Off-site regulatory visits
- Which of the supervisory units within the MFSA conduct on-site regulatory visits?
- Procedure for on-site regulatory inspections
- The role of the Compliance Officer upon receipt of the Pre-Visit Notification Letter
- During the on-site visit
- The role of the Compliance Officer during the on-site visit
- Post-visit - within the license holder
- Post-visit - MFSA officials
- Contents of the post-visit letter to the license holder
- Post-visit letter submission - the license holder and the role of the Compliance Officer
To ensure that the financial service provider understands why the regulator conducts on-site visits, what are the preparations needed prior to the meeting, who to do what and how during the visit and post visit preparation of replies. This seminar also provides attendees with the necessary tools to ensure that the license holder is always well prepared for any on-site visit.
Compliance Officers, Board of Directors, Risk Managers, Company Secretaries, Compliance Assistants. This will provide examples in relation to all financial service providers, in particular to the insurance sector.
Ms Romina Lauri
Trainer(s) bio and experience
Romina Lauri is Head of Compliance responsible for the compliance services provided by RiskCap to financial services firms. She joined RiskCap after an extensive experience in financial services and regulatory compliance including managing the regulatory compliance function within HSBC Bank Malta plc’s main subsidiary - HSBC Life Assurance (Malta) Ltd. Ms Lauri has in-depth knowledge of both local and foreign regulations including the MIFID II, AIFIM, UCITS and Solvency II and the Conduct Rule Book, amongst others. She has also lectured at the University of Malta and currently sits as a director with a local non-financial services company. Ms Lauri has read a B.Com (Hons) in Economics and MA Economics, both obtained with distinction, amidst several studies on regulatory compliance.