- Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII): IF1
- Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII): IF2
- Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII): IF3
- Tied Insurance Intermediaries Certificate (Foundation Insurance Certificate)
- Award in Personal Lines Insurance
- Award in Commercial Property Insurance
- Award in Liability Insurance
- Award in Motor Insurance
- Insurance Accounting and Auditing
- Award in Insurance Principles and Legal Aspects
- Principles of Banking Regulation and Compliance
- Principles of Insurance Regulation and Supervision
- Certificate in Loss Adjusting (Cert CILA)
- Diploma in Insurance (Dip CII): M05 - Insurance law
- Diploma in Insurance (Dip CII): M97 - Reinsurance
- Award in Anti Money Laundering
Award in Motor Insurance
- 14 June - 11 August 2022
- 17:30–19:30 CET
Motor insurance is very much in demand and on a day-to-day basis, it presents situations which are straightforward and easily handled. However, as in every other business, motor can be complex and needs in depth knowledge especially in the evolving industry of insurtech and automation.
The programme is designed to explain the various technical, practical and legislative outlook of such an insurance class as the programme will delve in the various products in the market that cover private, commercial, motorcycles and motor trade risks, policy extensions and endorsements, exclusions, conditions, warranties, legal aspects, legislative framework including EU directives, underwriting, claims and the compensation fund.
Lecturer/s on this programme are both experienced and knowledgeable and bring to the learning environment, the practical aspects related to this area of insurance, thereby enriching the learning experience.
Successful candidates will be eligible to claim for 25 CII insurance credits, which are valid for the attainment of the prestigious DIPCII qualification of the Chartered Insurance Institute. The full DIPCII Diploma requires 120 credits in total to complete.
- To provide technical knowledge related to liability insurance policies, practice and operations
- To achieve stand-alone awards that attract CII credits
- To assist students in attaining Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) International Qualifications
The participant will:
- Become technically knowledgeable in insurance and its respective operations.
- Be able to perform technical work and supervise the work of subordinates taking decisions within set parameters.
- Be able to tackle and resolve day-to-day operational issues with designated authority.
This programme equips candidates to be adequately qualified for the following positions:
- Those working in motor (underwriting or claims)
- Those working for a personal lines intermediary
- Junior /Middle Management positions in insurance
This programme is suitable for those aspiring to acquire specific technical understanding of insurance and those who wish to pursue a career through the attainment of awards in insurance. The awards units are ideal for new entrants in the market, employees working in insurance companies and all students requiring credits towards CII qualifications.
There are no entry requirements to participate on this programme since MITC believes that any student who seriously commits himself/herself has the potential to succeed. Nevertheless, MITC strongly advices that students should ideally have acquired a proven academic aptitude (having as a minimum attained pass at ‘O’ Level standard in Maltese, English, Maths, Accounts and Economics) prior to embarking on specialist insurance studies.
A certificate will be issued to successful candidates for every Award successfully completed and distributed during the Presentation of Certificates event held annually.
The Malta Qualifications Council deems these Awards to be at Level 4 on the Malta Qualifications Framework (MQF) and on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) for Lifelong Learning.
The course consists of 30 contact hours and held twice weekly. A total of 15 sessions of 2 hours duration (17:30-19:30 CET). A further of 70 hours of self-study is required. Examinations will be held between 0930-1230hrs.
For each of the awards, one (1) written examination will be set. This consists of 14 short question answers and 3 long question answers to choose 2. Pass Mark is set at 55%.
- The re-sit will take place on the same date of the corresponding awards of the subsequent intake.
- Re-sit exam fee is €60 inclusive of one (1) revision session.
Mr Hubert Said
Mr Said joined GasanMamo Insurance in 1999 as part of the Motor Claims Department. After 11 years, he was promoted to a management position in the Motor underwriting Department. After 5 years in this position, he then moved on to the Network Department as a Customer Advocate and took care of the top tiered clients of the company servicing all of the insurance related requirements. Mr Said served as the technical point of reference for underwriting and claims matters including both motor and non-motor insurance business. Mr Said is also responsible for the branches and tied insurance intermediaries of GasanMamo Insurance.
Mr Hubert Said is a fully qualified insurance professional having attained the Associateship from the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). He is a regular lecturer at MITC and has been providing such services since 2011.
Lectures will be held every Tuesday and Thursday from 1730-1930hrs
- Tuesday 14th June 2022
- Thursday 16th June 2022
- Tuesday 21st June 2022
- Thursday 23rd June 2022
- Tuesday 28th June 2022
- Thursday 29th June 2022
- Tuesday 5th July 2022
- Thursday 7th July 2022
- Tuesday 12th July 2022
- Thursday 14th July 2022
- Tuesday 19th July 2022
- Thursday 21st July 2022
- Tuesday 26th July 2022
- Thursday 28th July 2022
- Thursday 4th August 2022– Revision
- Thursday 11th August 2022– EXAM (0930 – 1230hrs)
Dispatch of Exam results by post: 9th September 2022.
€750 per award per participant
NB: Accreditation fees payable to the CII are NOT included (refer to CII website for more information)
The course fee includes:
- Course material, notes, sample questions, specimen examination papers and/or other educational material
- Examination and Certification
- Companies effecting group bookings (four or more participants) are entitled to a 10% discount.
- For group bookings kindly send an e-mail to email@example.com
- A 25% cancellation fee is payable for cancellations received within 15 days of the start of the programme.
- No refund will be entitled after the commencement date of the programme.
|Award titles||CII exemptions||Credits|
|Award in Motor Insurance||P94 Motor Insurance||25 CII Credits|
CII credits are subject to change and recognition of prior learning awards are made at the CII's discretion.