- Tied Insurance Intermediaries Certificate
- Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII): IF1
- Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII): IF2
- Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII): IF3
- Diploma in Insurance (Dip CII): M05 - Insurance law
- Award in Motor Insurance CII
- Insurance Accounting and Auditing
- Award in Commercial Property Insurance
- Award in Insurance Principles and Legal Aspects
- Principles of Banking Regulation and Compliance
- Principles of Insurance Regulation and Supervision
- Award in Personal Lines Insurance
- Award in Anti Money Laundering regulation
- Diploma in Insurance (Dip CII): M92
- Certificate in Loss Adjusting (Cert CILA)
- Diploma in Insurance (Dip CII): M97 - Reinsurance
Award in Insurance Principles and Legal Aspects
- April 12 - June 8, 2023
- 5.30pm - 7.30pm
Award in Insurance Principles and Legal Aspects
Legal aspects and even more importantly insurance principles provide the basic understanding on how insurance is practiced and based.
The programme is designed to explain the various tortious situations that create scenarios for insurance purposes and also dwells on the nature and validity of contracts, especially insurance. Last but definitely not least, the programme explains the 6 fundamental insurance principles of insurable interest, utmost good faith, proximate cause, indemnity, subrogation and contribution on which insurance business and practice rests.
Lecturer/s on this programme are both experienced and knowledgeable and bring to the learning environment, the practical aspects related to this area of insurance, thereby enriching the learning experience throughout.
Successful candidates will be eligible to claim for 25 CII insurance credits, which are valid for the attainment of the prestigious DIPCII qualification of the Chartered Insurance Institute. The full DIPCII Diploma requires 120 credits in total to complete.
- To provide technical knowledge related to liability insurance policies, practice and operations
- To achieve stand-alone awards that attract CII credits
- To assist students in attaining Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) International Qualifications
The participant will:
- Become technically knowledgeable in insurance and its respective operations.
- Be able to perform technical work and supervise the work of subordinates taking decisions within set parameters.
- Be able to tackle and resolve day-to-day operational issues with designated authority.
This programme equips candidates to be adequately qualified for the following positions:
- Account handler / Senior Account Handler / Claims Handler
- Supervisor / Junior /Middle Management positions in insurance
- Legal members of staff and legal trainees
This programme is suitable for those aspiring to acquire specific technical understanding of insurance and those who wish to pursue a career through the attainment of awards in insurance. The awards units are ideal for new entrants in the market, employees working in insurance companies and all students requiring credits towards CII qualifications.
There are no entry requirements to participate on this programme since MITC believes that any student who seriously commits himself/herself has the potential to succeed. Nevertheless, MITC strongly advices that students should ideally have acquired a proven academic aptitude (having as a minimum attained pass at ‘O’ Level standard in Maltese, English, Maths, Accounts and Economics) prior to embarking on specialist insurance studies.
A certificate will be issued to successful candidates for every Award successfully completed and distributed during the Presentation of Certificates event held annually.
The course consists of 30 contact hours and held twice weekly. A total of 15 sessions of 2 hours duration (5.30pm - 7.30pm). A further of 70 hours of self-study is required. Examinations will be held between 9.30am-12.30pm.
For each of the awards, one (1) written examination will be set. This consists of 14 short question answers and 3 long question answers to choose 2. Pass Mark is set at 55%.
- More than one (1) re-sit attempt is allowed.
- The re-sit will take place on the same date of the corresponding awards of the subsequent intake.
- Re-sit exam fee is €60 inclusive of one (1) revision session.
Andre Farrugia commenced his professional career working in the insurance industry and since then, he ventured into education and training. He has achieved the Fellowship of the Chartered Insurance Institute (FCII-UK) and later another Fellowship with the Institute of Risk Management (FIRM-UK). Lately, Andre has completed an Msc in Risk Management with the Glasgow-based University of Caledonian and is currently pursuing a PhD.
During his professional career, Andre has contributed to the industry by way of publishing articles, technical write ups and through a variety of career talks and technical seminars.
Andre was a member on the board for the setting up of the National Vocational Qualifications in Malta and is currently a Board member on the Malta Education Consultative Council, outgoing President of the Malta Insurance Institute and represents Malta within the European Forum of the National Institutes for Professional Insurance Institutes and on the Board of EFICERT.
He has delivered various lectures and talks in Malta and Overseas namely; the Chamber of Commerce, MCAST, the University of Malta, the Foundation of International Studies and conducted training in Kosovo, Dubai and Ghana.
€750 per award per participant
NB: Accreditation fees payable to the CII are NOT included (refer to CII website for more information)
The course fee includes:
- Course material, notes, sample questions, specimen examination papers and/or other educational material
- Examination and Certification
- Companies effecting group bookings (four or more participants) are entitled to a 10% discount.
- For group bookings kindly send an e-mail to email@example.com
- A 25% cancellation fee is payable for cancellations received within 15 days of the start of the programme.
- No refund will be entitled after the commencement date of the programme.
Insurance principles and legal aspects
April 12, 14, 18, 21, 26, 28
May 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26, 31
|Award titles||CII exemptions||Credits|
|Award in Insurance Principles and Legal Aspects||P05 Insurance Law||25 CII Credits|
CII credits are subject to change and recognition of prior learning awards are made at the CII's discretion.