- Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII): IF1
- Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII): IF2
- Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII): IF3
- Tied Insurance Intermediaries Certificate (Foundation Insurance Certificate)
- Award in Personal Lines Insurance
- Award in Commercial Property Insurance
- Award in Liability Insurance
- Award in Motor Insurance
- Insurance Accounting and Auditing
- Award in Insurance Principles and Legal Aspects
- Principles of Banking Regulation and Compliance
- Principles of Insurance Regulation and Supervision
- Certificate in Loss Adjusting (Cert CILA)
- Diploma in Insurance (Dip CII): M05 - Insurance law
- Diploma in Insurance (Dip CII): M97 - Reinsurance
- Award in Anti Money Laundering
Award in Liability Insurance
- 5 April – 2 June 2022
- 17:30–19:30 CET
Insurance safeguards the potential losses of those facing risks. In the context of this unit the programme will deal with third party losses caused primarily as a result of a commercial activity. We are referring to risks that result in potential losses such as employers’ liability, public liability, product liability, directors’ and officers’ liability and professional indemnity insurance products.
Lecturer/s on this programme are both experienced and knowledgeable and bring to the learning environment, the practical aspects related to this area of insurance, thereby enriching the learning experience throughout.
Successful candidates will be eligible to claim for 25 CII insurance credits, which are valid for the attainment of the prestigious DIPCII qualification of the Chartered Insurance Institute. The full DIPCII Diploma requires 120 credits in total to complete.
- To provide technical knowledge related to liability insurance policies, practice, and operations
- To achieve stand-alone awards that attract CII credits
- To assist students in attaining Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) international qualifications
The participant will:
- Become technically knowledgeable in insurance and its respective operations.
- Be able to perform technical work and supervise the work of subordinates taking decisions within set parameters.
- Be able to tackle and resolve day-to-day operational issues with designated authority.
This programme equips candidates to be adequately qualified for the following positions:
- Those working in commercial lines (underwriting or claims)
- Those working for a commercial lines intermediary
- Junior /Middle Management positions in insurance
This programme is suitable for those aspiring to acquire specific technical understanding of insurance and those who wish to pursue a career through the attainment of awards in insurance. The awards units are ideal for new entrants in the market, employees working in insurance companies and all students requiring credits towards CII qualifications.
There are no entry requirements to participate on this programme since MITC believes that any student who seriously commits himself/herself has the potential to succeed. Nevertheless, MITC strongly advises that students should ideally have acquired a proven academic aptitude (having as a minimum attained pass at ‘O’ Level standard in Maltese, English, Maths, Accounts and Economics) prior to embarking on specialist insurance studies.
A certificate will be issued to successful candidates for every Award successfully completed and distributed during the Presentation of Certificates event held annually.
The Malta Qualifications Council deems these Awards to be at Level 4 on the Malta Qualifications Framework (MQF) and on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) for Lifelong Learning.
The course consists of 30 contact hours and held twice weekly. A total of 15 sessions of 2 hours duration (17:30-19:30 CET). A further of 70 hours of self-study is required. Examinations will be held between 0930-1230hrs.
For each of the awards, one (1) written examination will be set. This consists of 14 short question answers and 3 long question answers to choose 2. Pass Mark is set at 55%.
- The re-sit will take place on the same date of the corresponding awards of the subsequent intake.
- Re-sit exam fee is €60 inclusive of one (1) revision session.
Mr Andre Farrugia
Mr Andre Farrugia commenced his professional career working in the insurance industry and since then, he ventured into education and training. He has achieved the Fellowship of the Chartered Insurance Institute (FCII-UK) and later another Fellowship with the Institute of Risk Management (FIRM-UK). Lately, Mr Farrugia has completed an Msc in Risk Management with the Glasgow-based University of Caledonian and is currently pursuing a PhD.
During his professional career, Mr Andre Farrugia has contributed to the industry by way of publishing articles, technical write ups and through a variety of career talks and technical seminars.
Mr Farrugia was a member on the board for the setting up of the National Vocational Qualifications in Malta and is currently a Board member on the Malta Education Consultative Council, outgoing President of the Malta Insurance Institute, Honorary member of the Malta Association of Risk Management and represents Malta within the European Forum of the National Institutes for Professional Insurance Institutes and on the Board of EFICERT.
He has delivered various lectures and talks in Malta and overseas namely; the Chamber of Commerce, MCAST, the University of Malta, the Foundation of International Studies and conducted training in Kosovo, Dubai and Ghana.
Lectures will be held every Tuesday and Thursday from 1730-1930hrs:
- Tuesday 5th April 2022
- Thursday 7th April 2022
- Tuesday 12th April 2022
- Thursday 14th April 2022
- Tuesday 19th April 2022
- Thursday 21st April 2022
- Tuesday 26th April 2022
- Thursday 28th April 2022
- Tuesday 3rd May 2022
- Thursday 5th May 2022
- Tuesday 10th May 2022
- Thursday 12th May 2022
- Tuesday 17th May 2022
- Thursday 19th May 2022
- Thursday 26th May 2022 - Revision
- Thursday 2nd June 2022– EXAM (0930 – 1230hrs)
Dispatch of Exam results by post: 30th June 2022
€750 per award per participant
NB: Accreditation fees payable to the CII are NOT included (refer to CII website for more information).
The course fee includes:
- Course material, notes, sample questions, specimen examination papers and/or other educational material
- Examination and Certification
- Companies effecting group bookings (four or more participants) are entitled to a 10% discount.
- For group bookings kindly send an e-mail to email@example.com
- A 25% cancellation fee is payable for cancellations received within 15 days of the start of the programme.
- No refund will be entitled after the commencement date of the programme.
|Award titles||CII exemptions||Credits|
|Award in insurance principles and legal aspects||P05 Insurance law||25 CII Credits|
|Award in personal lines insurance||P86 Personal insurances||20 CII Credits|
|Award in commercial property insurance||P93 Commercial property and business interruption insurance||25 CII Credits|
|Award in liability insurance||P96 liability insurance||25 CII Credits|
|Award in motor insurance||P94 motor insurance||25 CII Credits|
CII credits are subject to change and recognition of prior learning awards are made at the CII's discretion.