Diploma in Insurance (Dip CII): M97 - Reinsurance
- To be confirmed
- 17:30–19:00 CET
The insurance topics available at this level are various and equip the student with technical knowledge specific to a particular business/insurance area. Students aspiring to obtain a diploma in insurance conferred by the CII, need to accumulate 120 CII credits with at least 90 credits obtained at either diploma or advanced diploma level. Units M05 insurance law and M92 business and finance are compulsory. The reinsurance programme is one of the diploma subjects that can be taken in the accomplishment of the DipCII and is worth 25 CII credits.
The reinsurance subject M97 is one module of the full diploma in insurance, which is a technical qualification for insurance staff working across all sectors of the industry. It is also the logical progression from the certificate in insurance. The Dip CII will provide successful participants with a firm grounding in insurance and will enable the achievement of technical knowledge, thereby ensuring they have the means to perform effectively in a challenging environment. In addition to being a valuable qualification in its own right, the diploma can also be a milestone toward the completion of the advanced diploma (ACII).
There are no entry requirements for this course. However, a good command of the English language is expected and familiarity with business subjects is also considered to be an asset. The CII recommends ‘O’ level standard of education and/or the Certificate in Insurance (CertCII)
- Practitioners working in the field of reinsurance.
- Anyone wishing to hold a recognised, respected insurance qualification.
- Insurance staff employed in support functions wishing to develop their knowledge of the business.
- Those wanting to develop their knowledge and understanding as part of their progression towards completion of the Advanced Diploma in Insurance and Chartered status.
Up to 8 sessions per unit (depending on unit chosen) of 1.5 hours, held once weekly between 1730-1900hrs. A further 90 hours of self-study are required for each of the units chosen.
Students taking the examination will make arrangements with the CII directly, for the purchasing of the course reading material and to apply for the examination.
Further details may be sought from: https://www.cii.co.uk/learning/qualifications/diploma-in-insurance-qualification/
Mr Peter Spiteri
M67:Fundamentals of Risk Management
M81:Insurance Broking Practice
M92:Insurance Business and Finance
M93:Commercial Property and Business Interruption
- Thursday 15th October 2023
- Thursday 22nd October 2023
- Thursday 29th October 2023
- Thursday 5th November 2023
- Thursday 12th November 2023
- Thursday 19th November 2023
- Thursday 26th November 2023
- Thursday 3rd December 2023
€470 per unit per participant
NB: Course book and exam are purchased directly from CII and are NOT included in the above-mentioned price (refer to CII website for more information)
- Companies effecting group bookings (four or more participants) are entitled to a 10% discount. For group bookings kindly send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A 25% cancellation fee is payable for cancellations received within 15 days of the start of the programme.
- No refund will be entitled after the commencement date of the programme.